×
  • Zanzibar, Tanzania
  • +255 779 722 722

Udzungwa Mountains National Park

blog-post-image 820 X 440

Udzungwa Mountains National Park

Udzungwa mountains national park is the 8th largest Tanzania national park located 380km from Dar Es Salaam near Mang'ula village, about 60km south of Mikumi along Mikumi - Ifakara road off the Dar Es Salaam - Mbeya highway. The park covers an area of 1990 km2 where 20% of the area lies in Morogoro region while the remaining 80% being in Iringa region.

The Udzungwa Mountains are part of the Eastern Arc Mountains. The habitats contained within the park include Tropical rainforest, Mountain forest, Miombo woodland, Grassland and Steppe. The park has the second largest biodiversity of a national park in Africa. There are more than 400 bird species and 2500 Plant species.

The park can be accessed by road, train or by Air.

Tourist Activities within the park include; Hiking to the waterfalls and forest, Bird Watching, Photographing and Filming, Mountain climbing, Nature camping, Picnicking and Cultural Tourism through areas with historic and cultural values mostly on the western part of the park such as Mountain of God (Bokela), Nyumbanitu and Ndundulu mountains as well as Mwanaluvele caves, which explains the lives of some of Southern Tanzanian tribes specifically most the Wahehe who once lived in the park.  Also there are a number of waterfalls with the famous Sanje waterfalls being most conspicuous and the highest waterfalls (170m) in the national parks system in Tanzania. Others include; Prince Bernhard, Njokamoni, Mwaya, Sonjo and Msolwa.

 

Testimonials


24

Outstanding Tours

19

Worldwide Hotels

20

Luxury Car Booking

Subscribe Our Newsletter

Subscribe to receive our interesting updates